CHRA provides default/delinquency counseling for approximately 9 households per month who are in default on an FHA-insured mortgage or received pre-purchase counseling from CHRA in the past. Default counseling includes:
- determination of the amount, extent and cause of the delinquency or default;
- budgeting and money management;
- arranging reinstatement plans;
- referrals to other resources;
- completing applications for the HUD Pre-foreclosure Sale Program;
- provide information on alternatives to foreclosure including deed-in-lieu.
« back to programs